Introducing Myself and Logo Help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BarefootLandGroup, Nov 1, 2006.

1. BarefootLandGroup

BarefootLandGroup LawnSite Member

Hello all.

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to everyone in the forum. My name is Thomas Sayle, and I live and work in Rock Hill, SC. I have owned a landscaping business for a little more than 2 years, and have only done some small jobs, as well as tons of lawn maintenance.

I am actually returning to lawn maintenance after a number of years chasing my "corporate" dreams. I thought that getting a real job would make me some money, but it turns out that I would rather make my own money. I don't really care about all the hassles that owning a business brings.

Anyway, I have changed a bunch of stuff around that pertains to my business. I have finally moved out of the sole proprietor hell, and have made myself "legal". I also changed the name of my business to BareFoot LandScaping Group.

I specialize in various things, but I am currently going after some homebuilders in the area, and bidding all of their irrigation, concrete, landscaping, and installations.

I need some logo help. I am thinking of something like a sprinkler head popping out of the "i" in LandScaping. I would also like to incorporate some sort of sidewalk in the logo.

I performed a search, and noticed that teewolf is the person that I need to talk to. So, if you are out there, hook me up.

Nice to meet all of you in advance, and I look forward to speaking with everyone across the land. I know that I will need some advice, and can probably give a little as well.
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Welcome :waving: Watch out for home builders, make sure you get the money up front.

3. BarefootLandGroup

BarefootLandGroup LawnSite Member

Hey John,
    Thanks for the response. I am bidding work through some homebuilders that are fairly large, so the fear of nonpayment is little to none. I however may be sadly mistaken.

It seems like these people deal alot in politics, and their bureaucratic processes are very tough to get around. But, I have gone through the majority of the steps to become a contractor, and think that I am now on the right track.
  4. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

WELCOME:waving: check with Frontier Lawn as well he comes up with some really nice ones
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Learn how to give bribes :laugh: :waving: :cool2: