1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Introducing the "Inspire" Design

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Tanaka, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Mark Woodling
    Marketing Communications Manager
    Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd.
    1028 – 4th Street Southwest, Building B
    Auburn, WA 98001
    (253) 333-1200 extension 215
    Email: markw@nikko-tanaka-usa.com

LOUISVILLE, KY (October 26, 2007) — Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd. (Nikko Tanaka USA) today introduced its first two Tanaka “inspire” design products which feature a revolutionary new look for the commercial handheld outdoor power equipment industry. Tanaka, located in booth #1084, will be displaying prototypes of the THB-260PF handheld blower and the TBC-240PF grass trimmer, as well as its entire line of two-stroke power equipment at the GIE + EXPO 2007.

The “inspire” design for power equipment is based on the award-winning Hitachi Power Tools industrial design and marks the first collaboration between the Hitachi Power Tools design team and Nikko Tanaka Engineering, Ltd. Eventually, the entire Tanaka lineup will be converted to the “inspire” design.

“We are excited to introduce these revolutionary products for the first time at GIE + EXPO,” said Jeff Wright, vice president of sales and marketing for Nikko Tanaka USA. “These products show Hitachi Koki’s commitment to building Tanaka into the premier commercial handheld brand in the industry.”

The TBC-240PF grass trimmer features a 23 cc, 1.2 h.p. PureFire® two-stroke engine, an improved anti-vibration system and solid steel drive shaft. The THB-260PF commercial handheld blower features a 25 cc, 1.3 h.p. PureFire® two-stroke engine, 429 CFM, and weighs just 9.3 lbs.

Effective October 1, 2007, all Tanaka products used for commercial use contain a two-year commercial warranty and three-year homeowner warranty. Both products will be available for purchase in late spring of 2008.

About Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd.
    Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd. (“Nikko Tanaka USA”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Koki U.S.A Ltd. (Hitachi Power Tools) and is responsible for all sales, marketing, and support activities for the Tanaka power equipment brand in North America. Tanaka’s innovative product line provides professional landscapers, homeowners, and utility professionals with two-stroke powered, commercial outdoor power equipment solutions. Nikko Tanaka USA is headquartered in Auburn, WA, and Tanaka products are sold through independent dealers, W.W. Grainger, and other specialty accounts.

# # #

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

First off if you would paint them solid orange would probably help the looks!

Second what is the price going to be on the blower? The reason I ask is the 2510 models at least here in my town are already too expensive compared to the other blowers on the marker!
  3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

1. The colors have been set, but thanks for the input.
    2. It will be priced to compete with the Stihl BG85. This will not be a $159.99 homeowner blower (Echo, Husky)

$239 for a 2510 that has given me some trouble is way too high! I do like the Idea of the purefire engine should be a better engine for sure but I cannot justify spending more money when there are others out there for much less money!

Too bad about the gray. It looks like an echo or a robin or something like that! Not saying that is bad it just does not really seperate tanaka from the others on a trailer running down the road.
  6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Wow.. look at all the holes to have to unclog when they get stopped up with grass. But until that point, I guess all the holes can help keep the engine cooler.. ?
  7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I think your dealer is pricing them a bit high...

What would be the price for them at your dealership?
  9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I dont want to violate the rules of Tanaka...

I think MSRP on that blower is 219.99. So that is the lowest I could tell you here on the internet ;)

Thanks for the info! I did some calling today and talked to two other dealers and they both gave me a list price of $259.99 with a sale price of $239.99. So I went on ebay and there is a guy selling them for 189.99 and back pack blowers the 7800 model for $379.99 what is the deal?