1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Introducing the "Inspire" Design

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tanaka, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Mark Woodling
    Marketing Communications Manager
    Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd.
    1028 – 4th Street Southwest, Building B
    Auburn, WA 98001
    (253) 333-1200 extension 215
    Email: markw@nikko-tanaka-usa.com

LOUISVILLE, KY (October 26, 2007) — Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd. (Nikko Tanaka USA) today introduced its first two Tanaka “inspire” design products which feature a revolutionary new look for the commercial handheld outdoor power equipment industry. Tanaka, located in booth #1084, will be displaying prototypes of the THB-260PF handheld blower and the TBC-240PF grass trimmer, as well as its entire line of two-stroke power equipment at the GIE + EXPO 2007.

The “inspire” design for power equipment is based on the award-winning Hitachi Power Tools industrial design and marks the first collaboration between the Hitachi Power Tools design team and Nikko Tanaka Engineering, Ltd. Eventually, the entire Tanaka lineup will be converted to the “inspire” design.

“We are excited to introduce these revolutionary products for the first time at GIE + EXPO,” said Jeff Wright, vice president of sales and marketing for Nikko Tanaka USA. “These products show Hitachi Koki’s commitment to building Tanaka into the premier commercial handheld brand in the industry.”

The TBC-240PF grass trimmer features a 23 cc, 1.2 h.p. PureFire® two-stroke engine, an improved anti-vibration system and solid steel drive shaft. The THB-260PF commercial handheld blower features a 25 cc, 1.3 h.p. PureFire® two-stroke engine, 429 CFM, and weighs just 9.3 lbs.

Effective October 1, 2007, all Tanaka products used for commercial use contain a two-year commercial warranty and three-year homeowner warranty. Both products will be available for purchase in late spring of 2008.

About Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd.
    Nikko Tanaka Engineering U.S.A., Ltd. (“Nikko Tanaka USA”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi Koki U.S.A Ltd. (Hitachi Power Tools) and is responsible for all sales, marketing, and support activities for the Tanaka power equipment brand in North America. Tanaka’s innovative product line provides professional landscapers, homeowners, and utility professionals with two-stroke powered, commercial outdoor power equipment solutions. Nikko Tanaka USA is headquartered in Auburn, WA, and Tanaka products are sold through independent dealers, W.W. Grainger, and other specialty accounts.

# # #

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

looks pretty cheap...
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to have to agree. That trimmer trigger looks like it could be easily broken off. that blower looks like it is all plastic. But we won't know till we try them.
  4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I like it. its the gray that kinda throws it off. Is the blower better then the 2510 that i still have and love 15 years later?

Will the edgit fit the Trimmer??
  6. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Huh? For some reason, that housing and design looks tougher than any trimmer I've ever seen.

I would love to try Tanaka products but unfortunately the dealer shown on their website is someplace I have never even heard of. And I've been in the business 8 years now and pretty much know every dealership around the Raleigh area (I thought:laugh: ).
  7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

PureFire is the name of our low emission 2-stroke engine. So, all the "inspire" design Tanaka products will feature the PureFire engine.

8. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

The entire shaft side shown is from our current trimmer lineup. Eventually, the shaft side will be redesigned as well. Thanks for the input - I agree, room for improvement there.

9. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Yes - it will be much improved: Cruise control, padded handles, more powerful engine, greater CFM. Not sure about the edgit - I will make sure the engineers take that into account.

10. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Here are some more views. Also, we are making wholesale distribution changes in the Carolinas so we will have many more Tanaka dealers shortly.