Introducing Yardbook

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

It's definitely helped my business grow and Mark is always receptive and quickly responds to feedback. A mobile app?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel like the software is being over-developed. I would love if the mobile version was actually more friendly to mobile phones. Emailing invoices is still a royal PITA. With a mobile phone we need a button to click in the clients invoice that will automatically send an email. It would get rid of the pop-up email preview nightmare. The fewer pages I have to load on my phone the better.

3. Yardbook

Yardbook Sponsor

Hi Kawizx62003,

It's great to hear that Yardbook is working out for you. Here is where we are with respect to mobile: “Our plan is to improve our mobile experience in stages. Initially, we want to enhance the mobile browser experience. Most of our pages can already be displayed in a mobile browser, but we want to make optimizations so that these pages look more mobile-friendly for smaller screens. Once that's done, we will start building an app. Probably later in the year.”

We are still on track to start developing a mobile app later this year.

Mark

4. Yardbook

Yardbook Sponsor

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion. For users who are happy with the default email messages, I agree it would be nice to have a quick send button to skip the preview/edit popup. We’ll work on getting this added into Yardbook in a future release.

Mark

5. smlc451

smlc451 LawnSite Member

Over-developed? What does that even mean? Writing native clients for android and iOS should be a thing of the past. I think in time the mobile version of the website will be refined and all the bugs worked out, just hang in there.

I do most of my yardbook work on my laptop or desktop, only time I bring up the mobile version is to get a customers address or phone number..

6. 360lawncare

360lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly! You shouldn't be using yardbook all the time on your mobile... You are a business and should have a laptop... Or desktop.. Just saying..
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. greenvalleylawnscapes

greenvalleylawnscapes LawnSite Member

I respectfully disagree. While the mobile browser experience is very good now IMO, there is definitely a need for a mobile app that can be synced. I'm glad to hear that an app is in the cards down the road. :clapping:

8. Kawizx62003

Yardbook help needed! I have made a customer inactive before and it was easy. I cant seem to do it now. Anyone know? Also, how to cancel or delete recurring jobs? Basically when someone stops weekly service I need to cancel all future jobs.

9. Yardbook

Yardbook Sponsor

Hi Kawizx62003,

When you try to delete a customer record by clicking on the red trash icon, the system will ask you if you’d like to make it inactive instead. Here is a video tutorial on customer management which covers this item.

As for stopping recurring jobs, I’ve created an FAQ which shows you how to do this.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Kawizx62003

Thanks again Mark.