Intuit PaymentNetwork

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by yardmanlee, Dec 28, 2012.

1. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

anyone using this online payment?? .50 per transaction
    Im thinking about going this route No monthly fees or set up.

your thoughts?

2. garciajj612

garciajj612 LawnSite Member

.50 per transaction really that's it? What about percentage?

3. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

didnt say anything about it, Im gonna talk it over w/ my accountant after the holidays and get her take on it

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

There is no other fee, from what a buddy tells me
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I use it. It's only .50 per transaction as long as they use their bank account and not a credit/debit card. If they use a credit/debit card then it's 3.25% of the total. No monthly fees or anything though. I love it. I email my clients their invoices straight out of quickbooks and there is a "Pay Now" button right in the email they can click and pay through. It makes things pretty simple and quick.

6. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I love it. I am not sure if you can avoid the $19.95 base Payment Network fee or not.

I did the CC payment before they offered this. It had a 19.95 fee plus a minimum in CC fees of $30.00

I just added the IPN on but not sure if it stands alone or if it is an add-on to the CC.
    I like it a lot. Yes, it is only 50 cents a transaction

My consider dropping the CC's, particularly if I can also drop the $19.95 fee.

8. Woody82986

from DFW, TX

I don't pay any monthly fee or anything for IPN. It's just the .50 per transaction for bank payments or 3.25% for cards. Maybe there's some different program that has a fee I'm just not using. Weird. Whatever I'm doing, it works great! Payments coming by bank draft are usually in my Chase account the next day and card payments usually hit the 3rd business day.

9. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Good to hear, I started with the intuit merchant account and that is where the fees come in to play. I assumed you had to have one to have the other...

Most of my clients use that and not the IPN but I encourage them to do so. Actually, many of my best clients still pay by check or ACH which is even better.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Is this considered an e-check? Is this an electronic payment, their bank account to your bank account? Do I understand rightly, the customer activates the payment from their e-mail, enters their bank information and your bank information, authorizes a payment, monies are transferred, and your account shows the payment amount, AND a $0.50 charge for each transaction?

Do I understand correctly?

I am not asking about cc transactions for 3.25%. That I understand, but am asking about the other form of payment.

Thanks.