Intuit PaymentNetwork

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by yardmanlee, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

They click the link and enter their bank info. Your bank information is stored in your account info with Intuit. When they press send, their info gets sent to Intuit and intuit sends it to your bank account. They don't ever see anything related to your banking info. It just looks like paying any other type of bill online by bank account.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It is basically an e-check. It is a lot like chase quickpay but has a fee.

There are a few steps in quickbooks involved not needed with the merchant account.

I have to enter the payment, like a check... select IPN and enter a 50 cent discount so it will match when the payment down loads. With the intuit merchant account it a little more seamless but not much.

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks. That makes sense. It is, in effect, an e-check. I understand your bank info being captured by Intuit when you make the setup.

I presume you get an e-mail notice when a transaction happens. Just seeing the transaction in the bank statement is a bit shaky in keeping records up to date on receiving payments.

4. Duekster

from DFW, TX

Yes, you get an e-mail with both forms of payment.

5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I use Intuit but I keep the credit card option turned off. I turned it on for one transaction and forgot about it for a few weeks and it cost me over $100 because several other customers used it.

6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Its expensive to use their cc service. I've used intuits billing solutions which allows me to track emailed invoices and see when they are opened, or viewed. And allows for automatic sending of late invoices...

7. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

So it sounds like you deal with the admin side of the biz more and Ed is more of the hands on guy. Whats your in season head count and your sales per year. I would guess with Ed's sons in the biz and multiple crews I would expect you to be around the million dollar mark.

8. Duekster

from DFW, TX

I think that's it. You have billing solutions which is 19.95 and then you have the Merchant then you have the IPN.

9. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I use the IPN and it works just like you understand. There will be a link on the invoice you send. They process an electronic payment via the link. And you will get a deposit for $.50 less than the invoice amount. It works really well. I wish more of the customers would use it.

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

And to expand further -

To reconcile, you go to receive payment
    Chose IPN in payment type then apply discount enter the 50 cents as bank charges. It should match up when you down load transactions from the bank.