1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass King, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Grass King

Grass King LawnSite Member

How much and what do you keep on you truck and trailer for maintenance on your equipment.

Inventory List:

2. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

belts, blades (mower & edger), jumper cables, tool kit, tire sealant, cooler, misc nuts & bolts....
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

oil, belts, blades, nutz/bolts, pins, tire sealant, zip ties, spark plugs, much more that I can't think of
  4. energy

energy LawnSite Member

yo Grass King, never use fix-a-flat. They rot your tires away from the inside. i learned that the hard way.One time i had a complete flat with a 24 X 12 X 12 tire from a leak. The tire sat overnight with the flat and stayed that way forever. I took it to a tire repair facility and they pointed out the shredding of rubber on the inside of the sidewalls that permitted constant leaking. This was a brand new tire with maybe 3 months of life! The chemical agents degrade tire rubber and allows them to shred over a brief period of time. Dont ever use fix-a-flat or it will happen to any tire you use it on.
  5. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

tool set, tire plugs, spark plugs, blades,jumper cables,nuts and bolts, extra can of chew, plenty of water
  6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont forget the grease gun. shoot your crappy helper in the back of the head and tell him a bird just **** on him

pictures of pj\'s trucks 117.jpg
  7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Just make sure you dont put grease underneath your bosses door handle...you might be out of a job;)
  8. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

A back up of every piece of equipment. Not gonna take the time to do repairs in the field.
  9. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

What ever small things I would need to get me through the day. Like tools, grease, oil, belts, blades, etc.
  10. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

avery, I would like to see a picture of your rig(s) with a backup for every piece of equip., just wondering how you fit it all on one trailer, or if you send out 2 crews to each job in case something happens.