Invisible drainiage solution

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by BrandonV, May 28, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys, I'm doing a project and the super needs help w/ pool patio drainage. I remember seeing a product a while back in a trade magazine but can't remember the name of it. It's pretty much a VERY thing channel drain (from what you can see) but below the surface has a full basin. I was thinking it was not much more visible than maybe a brick motor joint. Pretty much it's a invisible drainage solution. Can anyone here think of it's name?

2. BrandonV

i remembered the name but can't find the actuall product (they're slot drains... duh!)
    [​IMG]
    its a real nice house and we don't want something cheap looking the above picture is kind of what I'm after (look down the middle) I need some US products though guys, this one is from the UK:usflag:

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

NDS has all sorts of stuff.

Although, i doubt they're gonna be "really nice".

4. BrandonV

found a stainless steel one from zurn

5. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Brandon, this may be the advertisement you saw.

http://www.acousa.com/drain/brickslot.htm

I checked this out and it has potential, but the small inlet and large channel are overkill. The inlet will limit the amount of water that enters the channel, so the channel is actually oversized for the application. The NDS Micro Channel drain is sized to handle most situations, is relatively inexpensive and should be readily available.

http://www.ndspro.com/cms/files/ChannelDrains_1.pdf

Kirk

6. BrandonV

that was exactly the product, thanks! Now i have two options.