Invisible shock fence for dogs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by j&tlawnservice, Nov 1, 2005.

1. j&tlawnservice

j&tlawnservice LawnSite Member

I was mowing a yard and 2 big dogs were outside next door. There wasn't a fence and they were not chained up either. I had to just get done though so I tried to ignore them. They were barking and wanted me for lunch though. When I got close to there yard with the chopper they charged at me in attack mode, but then all of a a sudden they started getting shocked and freaking out. They ran back to there yard. After I was finished the owner came out and said don't worry they have shock collars on, and if they go outside the invisible fence that is buried they will get shocked. It was pretty funny to see these dumb dogs getting shocked.:cry:

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

They are still learning. What scares me is when the owner thinks the dogs have learned their limit and they take the collar off or just leave the fence uncharged.
    I would have no problem wasting any dog that comes to do harm on me. I don't want to do that but that is going to be my first and only move.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Trouble with those fences are that a dog will charge right through it and then can't get back in the yard with out getting shocked. Put the dam collar on the owners and teach them to train there dogs.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

if you wanna hear about funny, you should see a person being shocked while working on the fence.

my neighbor installed one and took the collar off the dog to take it inside the garage. he crossed the fence and it knocked the snot out of him.

after he finally got in the garage, he walked back to the yard and it de-snotted him again. I LMAO at this guy...!

GEO :laugh: