Invoices after service.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Greg Amann, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Greg Amann

Greg Amann LawnSite Member

Not sure if this is the right forum for posting this question, but since all we do is applications I figured this would be the best one.

Wanted to ask how you guys bill for your services.
    For the last 10 years we have been invoicing off of completed work orders and mailing them out. We generate about 100 invoices a week.
    I just started using a new program and I was looking at printing off invoices at the beginning of the week with perforated sections.
    The top 1/3 is truck copy for office records the center and bottom portion will be left behind as the invoice for the customer to pay off of.
    Just wondering about leaving it behind with no one home. Maybe in a plastic door hanger bag?
    What to you guys do?
  2. jason u

jason u LawnSite Member

Invoicing is going to be one of the most important aspects of your service. It's important to know which invoices your workers have, so have some type of system set up to "scan out" the work orders. Also, you can leave the invoice at the customer's house, and if there are any concerns, they will call you. It's all about the customer's perception, do it once and they will come to expect it.
  3. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

the quicker you invoice, the quicker you will get paid. Include a return addressed envelope along with a news letter about your company. Why mail and spend and extra 40 bucks a week.
  4. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

I recommend leaving invoice on door with poly bag.

Include addressed return envelope.

Good way to leave special offers,mowing instructions and State required consumer info.etc.
  5. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Since all the applications are routed in advance, our invoices are printed in the morning (or day before) and left at the door in a bag. Any extra work requested is either added to the invoice or billed after service.
  6. Greg Amann

Sod King,

That is what I was thinking I would do. Do you have customized bags with your company name? If so, where do you order them.
    Also, do you print them with a laser printer, since inkjet runs when it gets wet?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

for those leaving the bill on the door how many dont pay on time and say they lost the bill or nevergot it
    i have seen bills left by chemlawn still on the door months later
  8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

For me I had at the most 2 in the past three years...
  9. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I leave invoice on day of service with quick books pro using baggies. One copy gets printed and invoice is saved on computer. What kind of software ARE YOU using?
  10. Greg Amann

I will be printing the invoices through it and posting it to Quickbooks.