invoices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by detailed lawn care, Jul 31, 2006.

1. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

Using Quickbooks Pro and unable to set the format on invoices that I want. Tired of handwritting invoices. Any suggestions?

2. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

groundskeeper pro

3. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

im very happy with gopher
    thats probally not the answer your looking for though, can you be more descriptive with your problem with qbooks?

4. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

what are you trying to do? what format?

5. detailed lawn care

detailed lawn care LawnSite Member

trying to print invoices from qbooks but not coming out like i want.

6. Joe65

Joe65 LawnSite Member
    from nj

talked alot about quickbooks on last site i posted....i found in staple a 39.95 dollar program that keeps track of all your invoices, which i do once a month for each customer, it allows you to do estimates on a profession looking form...and when customer agrees, hit a button and it auto turns into invoice.....each time payment comes in go into register and apply payment to that invoice......it keeps track of all sales tax collected...so when my wife goes to pay them each quarter it is all figure out......and each month, quarter, yearend will print you out a report and does a bunch of other stuff, i probably will never use....i find it simple and for 39.95 have used it for 3 seasons......end year computes my total gross, before and after sales tax...easy for tax preparer......a payroll service does my payroll when we added 2 employees...22 dollars a week and they deduct all taxes weekly and file them monthly and quarterly(payroll taxes) as far as keeping track of monthly expenses we do that in a serparate hand written ledger and than print out montly report to see where we stand........so simple for us and has not failed us yet oh yeah the name of the program is My Deluxe Invoices and Estimates by a company call Ellibrum i believe......check it out if u are looking just for invoice program....its great

7. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

how do you want them to come out? you can change the type of invoice service, product,etc. near the middle top under template.

8. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I have a father in law that is an accountant. He is coming over tomorrow to switch me over to quick books. I have been printing invoices off of the computer (pain in the butt)! He has been working on this for a week or so and says it will make billing so much easier! Let me know if you would like me to PM the info!

9. lrose2

lrose2 LawnSite Member

Maybe you could give us some detailed information about what you want in order for us to help you. QB Pro is a great invoicing and accounting program. I assume you have an owners manual that came with your program. Can't find the answer in the book? We can't help if we don't know what you want the program to do.

10. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with others about QB, ... easy to modify the templates to make the invoice look like you want. If you are keeping your records in QB, using another program to make invoices is far too much extra work. Changing the invoice (or any other template for that matter) is one of the easier things to do in QB. As stated, we can help, but need to know more about your situation.