Invoices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Metroman, Mar 6, 2000.

1. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

FOR JOBS THAT REQUIRE AN INVOICE AT THE END OF THE MONTH WHAT DO YOU USE? OR DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SAMPLES THAT THEY COULD SEND ME?<p>THANKS<br>KEVIN e-mail address is metroman1@mindspring.com

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You can get a pad of invoices at walmart or buy a program like I use, PROVENTURE. It keeps track of all the invoices, customer info. etc. I like it and it was real cheap.<p>Homer

3. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

I use Quick Books too. Takes a little bit to learn, but so will anything else you use.&lt;p&gt;John

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I use software by &quot;My Software&quot;, Deluxe Invoices & Estimates. It was about $40 or $50 and is simple to use.

5. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

Metroman,<br>I also use Proventure Billing Solutions it works great and is easy to use.<p>Jason

6. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

for residential cust. I use invoice books from office max or walmart, etc. they are carbonless & 2 part; top goes to cust. & you keep the yellow in the book for records.<br>For commercial acct.s, they are billed monthly & I use Microsoft works on windows 98 (or 95). I use the business management section,then statement template, then pick monthly statement, & I customize it as needed.<br>Then, after you print it out & save it in files, you can bring it up again next month, change the dates for the current billing, & save it as that month's invoice. It already comes with windows & works great. No need to re-type everything each month :)<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<p>

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

As I said in the other post on this, I use Excel, it works great. Once you get all your customers in there, save it as a blank billing and just copy the blank sheet for each month. I put my company info in the Header, so it prints it on each customer billing. It adds it all up for the month for each customer and the total for all the customers, weekly and monthly. I have used a spreadsheet for billing since Commodore 64 days for other businesses too.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

8. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I do the same as Eric. I use the Microsoft Excel invoice template. I just modified it to fit my needs. I also modified this sheet to create proposal forms. Excel is a pretty powerful tool.<p><p>----------<br>Jeff<br>

9. wrobleski

wrobleski LawnSite Member

hey jnjnlc... can you please email an attatchment of the template you use in excel?... i would appreciate it. i am getting all of the last few things finished up before the start of this season. this is my first by myself...i'm a lil excited.<p>----------<br> -dan-<br>Perfect Lawn Care