1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kennedy Landscaping, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone know any good and free invoicing software to use.
  2. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I haven't used it yet, but you can get Microsoft Office Accounting 2008 free from the Office site. I suspect it will serve you well, and the price is right!
  3. Kennedy Landscaping

Thanks alot for the recomedation, I am going to check it out right now.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

good and free should not be used in the same sentence.
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

The question has been posed here many times, "... invoicing software." My first question is: What are you using to maintain the financial side of your business?

Any software worth its salt for running the finances will have invoicing as part of the package. Managing the bank account, recording sales and accounts receivable, tracking and sorting expenses, tracking taxes, etc. are all very important part of operating a business. Software that enables you to do these necessary tasks will undoubtedly include a feature to create invoices, invoices that are ready to have a payment applied to them to satisfy the balance created.

Many early failures in any business can be traced to the lack of good financial management. Asking the question about invoices leads one to wonder if the tools for good financial management are missing.

Many folks here on LS use packages such as QuickBooks. Others are available as well. These programs will manage all the financial aspects of the business, AND create invoices.
  6. Kennedy Landscaping

Is Quick Books free after the thirty days? I tried the Microsoft Accounting and it seems to operate very slowly.
  7. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I cant imagine it would be free anymore after the 30 days..I think the quickbooks pro was either 199 or $299 and then like $100 less for the regular version. That was a little while ago though so prices may have changed some.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The QB Pro has been on sale around here through Office Depot, OfficeMax, or one of those. It was like 200 bucks, and had a $50 rebate. Maybe check their websites if you like, and see. I wish I could remember who it was exactly for you.
  9. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

The free QB linked in this thread is free with no expiration. The 30 days is the length of time for free tech support.
  10. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

The quickbooks simple start free edition is GREAT. We have been using it for about 6 months now and love it. I honestly havent found a reason yet to upgrade to the paid pro version.