1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by edgeman2003, Apr 20, 2008.

1. edgeman2003

edgeman2003 LawnSite Member
    from md

for invoices, do you guys have them made or do you get them at a local office max?
  2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Get quickbooks and make em track em , right checks and run your your business.
  3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i use my deluxe invoice & estimates and just print them out.they also sell the carbon ones also
  4. edgeman2003

from md

I download the free quickbooks simple start 2008, is that good enough for my one man team business? The good thing about the software its free
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Quickbooks Pro is the way to go.
  6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto on the QuickBooks Pro suggestions. Invoices is only one part of running your business. Tracking income and expenses is absolutely necessary. When somebody wants something simple to prepare invoices, that tells me they aren't managing the financial end of their business, rather looking for a quick-fix for one small part.
  7. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I just picked up QuickBooks and it is great so far
  8. edgeman2003

from md

no, at first I was just looking for invoices so I can bill customers. The expense, taxes, and income I was already going to use a software to track everything. The only really expense I have is my ztr, which I start paying 7 months from now. O yeah, gas,oil filters and ect... Buy the way, I do manage all the finances in my house hold and the business! just cause I ask about an invoice, you want to judge my business practices. all I know is all my equipment is paid for, except ztr which is new. If it never rains and grass doesnt grow, I still have money in the bank. this is just part times for me, I can pay for my ztr from my full time job.(2 - :laugh:16hr shift means 5 days off for mowing or whatever I want to do)
  9. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

We use quickbooks simple start free edition and it does our invoices, expenses, income....everything. I have found no reason to upgrade to Pro but would love to hear why others feel they had to.
  10. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Quickbooks for my regular accts. and a carbon for the one time cuts that i get while I am on the road.