invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikeymike, Jul 1, 2003.

1. mikeymike

mikeymike LawnSite Member

For the part timers here how do you do your billing/invoicing? Anyone got a copy of an invoice that they use that they can post?
    I do this part time and I have 1 regular customer whose yard I did last Thursday and I have not been paid for. I think I may need to start leaving invoices after I finish my work for customers who are not home when I finish.

2. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

You can get a cash sales receipt book from any office supply store.

Write in something like, Lawn Mowing------------------$25.00
    Be sure to put all your basic info., place in envelope and leave it at the door. I use to tell people that I would stop back and pick it up. Hope this helps.:D

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Mike..E...mike, I went down to the local printing shop and had some invoices printed with my company info at the top. These will work well in your situation. I also keep self addressed envelops in the truck along with scotch tape. When I do a job that requires a bill to be left, I put the bill in the self addressed envelop (don't lick) along with a couple of business cards and I tape it to the glass on the front door. I also use the tape to tape business cards to the door (glass only) when making estimating calls.

When I do monthly billing, I use a computer program for this and make my own invoices.

4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

My father is a programmer, he made a program for me. At the end of every month I simply plug in numbers and bill accordingly.

5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I will try I don't know if this will work.I tryed scaning an excel invoice for you. Is this what you want?

invoice.jpg

6. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

Mike... here is what I used. I like the calandar option, I could highlight what day I took care of the cust. yard.

:blob2: :blob2:

Dave

Well I can't send it.... it's in MS Publisher, and Lawnsite won't let me send that kind of file. Leave your email and I will send you a copy.

7. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I use invoices from Nebs. They have a generic invoice you can have them print your company name on or they have a pre-printed lawn maintenance invoice you also can have your company name printed on.

8. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I use quickbooks. I just send out an invoice once a month. The program makes it easy.

If you are getting paid in person and they are not home, you can print off a little sheet that says "we missed you..." and leave a space for the date, time, amount, and an address to send a check to.

9. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

ive never done invoices before and i have a question. do you let the customer keep the invoice or do you have them mail it back to you?

10. The Green Way

The Green Way Banned

EDITED - ADVERTISING....

COMPANIES CANNOT ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE UNLESS THEY ARE A SPONSOR.