Invoices

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by The landscaper, Feb 15, 2005.

1. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

What are your other 88 customers if you only have 12 mowing accounts?

2. lawnboy33

lawnboy33 LawnSite Member

Lawn Care treatment of turf treat home lawns but picking up some schools . doing athletic fields.

3. lawnboy33

Lawn Care treatment of turf treat home lawns but picking up some schools . doing athletic fields.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with the guys about using an accounting program. Hand written invoice are unprofessional.

Also, being a turf expert doesn't mean much when answering a business question :)

5. lawnboy33

yes you should have an accounting program but a customer is not going to care. I wouldn't as long as the job was done right.Far as beeing a "turf expert" it helps. I see guys on lawns that have no clue on what they are doing. You won't keep an account long if you don't know what you are doing! Now if you are dealing with commercial then yes I agree

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess our debate here yesterday kinda moved me... I went to Office Max today and bought "my invoices and estimates deluxe" by my software. Cost 40 bucks. They had one for 10 and one for 30 but I hedged my bet that more $$ ment better and went for the more $$. Hope I didn't get hozed! It seems to be pretty user friendly and easy to make columns and name them how you want. It's just going to take time to get all my customer address typed in...

I looked at the quick books pro, 300 bucks. But I am not looking for a program to do all my banking, all I wanted was a way to automate my invoices. If I actually use the program I will eliminate having to print address lables as well, I can use windowed envelopes! I guess no program is going to be magic, everything has quirks and downfalls. I want one that all I have to do is think or say what I want and it does it! maybe in a few more years...

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

if you don't want snapshots of exactly how your business is doing, down to exactly what your business is truly costing or making you, tracking payables and receivables, etc, then quickbooks is definitely not for you. as for the price, you can get it for $179 or so with rebates and they throw in the Customer Mgr software for free after rebate.