Invoicing Software for Lawn & Landscaping

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Something D, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Which is better Gopher or Groundskeeper? I have heard others mention both. Ideally I would like software specifically for Lawn and Landscaping that would integrate with Pocket PC or even a cell phone.

Do any of you have recommendations for a small company. Keep in mind I would like to grow my business so I would want some software that is in it for the long haul.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

I can't comment on either but I would suggest going out to their sites and demo'ing each of them.

You can be the judge!
  3. Southwest Lawns

Southwest Lawns LawnSite Member

I have used gopher and liked it... However, as far as I know it has not been written to work with pocket pc. I currently use a pocket pc for my invoices and estimates. The software I am using is called Lowfat Invoice (about $45). A word of caution.. the invoice software was not written for LCOs but it does allow you to create estimates on site.

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. LawnSite Member

I Usethe Grounds Keeper Pro And I Just Went To My Accountant And He Thought The Program Was Expensive For What It Does For You. He Said For The Business And Numbers Part Of It I Needed To Be Able To Print More Reports And Be Able To Compare Things To See Where I Was Losing And Making Money. I Don't See That It's Compatible With Anything Else. As Far As Doing Estimates And Invoices It Worked Real Good I Thought. The Accountant Said To Get Quick Books. It Takes A Little Bit To Get It Up And Running But Then It's Works Good For Your Business. You Can Compare Reports And It's Compatible With Alot Of Software. My Accountant Said All His Landscapers Used Quick Books. He Said That 95% Of Small Business' Use Quick Books.

I Hope This Helps You Make A Decision.
  5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I use quickbooks. If you have PalmOS you are set. There are a number of programs out there that link..relatively in expensive...if memory serves me correct most are under $100. I'm having a difficult time finding one for PocketPC that does invoicing, expense receipts, written checks, and a few other quirks. I found a company on-line that has what I'm looking for but they wanted something like $350. I can by another FULL version of QB for that! I'm going to wait it out...perhaps someone else has suggestions?
  6. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Thank you for the advice, one more question. Which version of quick books is the version of choice.

Any other thoughts or suggestions??????
  7. JohnGr

JohnGr LawnSite Member

I don't know what you are looking to spend , but you may want to look at Qxpress at (I think)

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. LawnSite Member

I Went To A Sam's Club And Bought Quick Books Pro For $209. I Hear The Construction One Is Good But It Was $380. But The Basic One Is Good Enough From What My Accountant Told Me.
  9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Why the hell do you capitalize the first letter of every word? ;)
  10. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Something D,

Let us know if you have any questions and feel free to visit our support forum here.