1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Invoicing software????

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by trentslawncare02, Mar 16, 2006.

1. trentslawncare02

trentslawncare02 LawnSite Member

Can anyone offer any ideas on a simple, effective program for billing and customer managment?
  2. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Here are a few that you might want to research further:
    - Quickbooks Pro
    - Gopher
    - Grounds Keeper
    - Lawn Monkey
  3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I just purchaed Lawn Pro. I just got it and havent really gotten a chance to try all the aspects out but it looks pretty neat.

4. Mike's Lawn & Snow

Mike's Lawn & Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I use Groundskeeper Pro I've looked into the other types of billing software and this was the best bang for the buck. Also if your into snow removal the same company (Adkad) makes a program called Blizzard Buster they are both really good software programs
  5. thill

thill LawnSite Member

We have used Groundkeepr Pro (www.adkad.com) and Gopher (www.gophersoftware.com) and both are very strong for very little costs.

Each has a couple of strong points over the other.

If you are looking for invoicing and scheduling, they are both really worth looking into.

Good luck,
  6. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

If this ia all you want it to do, then you might check out an program they sell at Best Buy called My Invoices (http://www.selectsoft.com/repository/LYINVOICEJ/view). This program runs about $40. But, if you want something that will do all of this and much more (and cost much more) check out the partial list that Wells provided. I personally wanted a program that could do much more and that my business could grow into. Being able to schedule jobs, re-arrange and postpone them in invaluable. I choose Lawn Monkey for that and very happy with what it can do for me. If I am lucky, I might use 10% of the program....it's a very powerful program. You can generate a number of pre-designed invoices and route sheets, as well as design your own. After entering your schedules for the year, you can run a gross summary report to see what you might gross for the year. You can log all your equipment maintenance. Set up chem app programs, snow plow routes. It does have accounting features also. Most all of the industry specific programs on the market offer free demos, but you better hurry, the season is getting close....or for some have already began.

7. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

Gopher Works Great