IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ioilyouin, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Ozz

Ozz LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you coudn't get an excavator near a house? And if you're so good with chainsaw, and own a 460, why don't you sign on and make some extra cash?

J, I wasn't meaning to sompare the two mthods/machines. I was just giving my opion on how I think clearing shoud be done.

2. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Last time i checked herbicide kills trees :laugh:

I agree with ozz about people mulching prior to excavation. I've seen it done before and will really confuse the contractor trying to dig the basement.

As far as ROW work, there is a company somewhere that specializes in resource recovery. They bunch, skid and chip the wood and truck it to co-generation plants.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I knew that didnt sound right, but being that GR said it, I figured it had to be. ;) :laugh:

and there is a company that does that here, except for anyone and I am pretty sure they sell it to the paper or pulp mill

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Don't you have to be to run one? :confused: :p :waving: :)

5. Ozz

Maybe to get you in one, but for me... All you have to say is "There's a xxx on site" and I ask where it is, and I sprint in that direction. And I run fast- I do a 6 minute mile.

6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Phew, I'm safe since I can run faster yet.:usflag:

7. Ozz

Run, run and rn faster from Pennsylvania then. More TLs there than anywhere.

8. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Forrest, is that you? :laugh:

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Around the house is usually already cleared I mean the rest of the yard and as for me going slashing I do it on my own. It beats the p*ss out of your body especially if you have to walk a mile with a saw your gas and chain oil a pack sack that has your gallon jug of water, lunch and two rolls of azz wipe. Your also wearing a set of caulk boot (cork boots) for traction so you don't slip and fall. Also a rifle is brought along for protection from bears and cougars.

Pesticide is used to control the lighter vegitation there usually is a 100 foot wide swath that the high voltage transmission lines travel through. The power lines carry enough voltage it is instant death I don't remember the KVA is.

Some places slashers go your dropped off with a helicopter and it comes to pick you up 10 hours later.

10. Ozz

You're a puss. I've done 100 mile backpacking trips with 40-50 pound packs. It's not that hard.