1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ioilyouin, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

That's what I'd like to do. However it's a scissor lift and the hoist and mechanism would be in the way...unless there's a way around that.
  2. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, that's a problem. I didn't really think about that my neighbor has a cannonball bed, but now that i think about it the hoist is setup weird to keep everything out of the way of the hitch. Time to get a tele-hoist body?
  3. ioilyouin

Trying to squeeze work in with everything else. I thought this was supposed to be the off season. We've had a couple of good cold days to firm up the ground, so I'm trying to get some areas done where I needed access from the property owners without too much damage.

4. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

How many hr.s on the E50 so far?
  5. ioilyouin

I think I'll break a hundred tomorrow.
  6. TerraVenture

TerraVenture LawnSite Member

what have got in that truck to weigh 9000. my f550 i thought was heavy at 10000 and that is a lot more truck than your 2500.

7. ioilyouin

With the excavator loaded on the trailer, the truck weighed in at 9,000 and the GVWR is 8800. But that is easily manipulated by where I place the load. I am not overloading the axles on either the truck or the trailer with dead weight. There is simply more weight there to handle than the truck is rated for.
  8. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

So how does that hemi do lugging the e50 around anyways? And what kind of mileage are you seeing?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. ioilyouin

You have to keep your foot in it if you're in a hurry. It does good, I haven't encountered a hill that starved it out yet. Some of the other locals maybe will chime in that the Caseyville hill on 64 is one of the bigger hills in the area. If you come off of IL157 and head East on 64 the on ramp is very tight and it leads straight into the slope of the hill. I pulled it one day last week and was able to top the hill at 60 after comming off the on ramp at 30. The one time I checked I got approximately 6 mpg.
  10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack LawnSite Senior Member

whys the gvw of the truck so low? 8800 ws like the 90's dodges.... my business partners 07 dodge cummins which is got the same cab and bed as u as a gvw of 9100 and my 02 dmax is 9200 .... just seems low to me ....

side note how do u chain that down , do u keep the boom up like that or tuck it down