1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ioilyouin, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

My guess would be the gas vs. diesel comparison for GVW's, it really becomes more noticeable on the 3500's. The 2500 will probably have to do for the spring, but we're trying to come up with a reliable, cheap resolution to the problem. We've talked about finding an old single axle L or F series Ford, they're always at the top of our list. Maybe swapping out beds on our 550 dump for one of those goosneck beds that dumps. Any suggestions?

As pictured the ex is over height, so I have to tuck the boom in. But I cannot curl the mower over like a bucket. I ended up setting the mower on the first angle on the backside of the mower. It's the only way that I can trailer it with the boom forward and be under height.

2. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

Just don't buy a ford with a German made motor from the 1990s. We had one that was a flatbed and the motor went out every six months, even with maintence. We finaly got tired of putting motors in it, and sold it an got our current freightliner FL70.

3. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Can you extend the boom and put the mower on the raised neck part of the trailer? Looks ackward like that.

4. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Have you looked at put a gooseneck ball that has a speader frame that has a 4 pins that go in to pockets on a pickup,but you could have weld in pockets make and weld them in.look at the pic on the upper left of this link,I think you could mount in the bed of a dump.you will want some bed tie downs to the frame.http://www.hitchesforless.com/gooseneck.htm

minimax

5. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

The best, and probably not the cheapest, would be a post hoist(instead of the scissor) dump bed for the 550.

6. ioilyouin

As for the goose neck we talked to our dump bed dealer/ fab guy and he is planning to put a hide a ball hitch into the bed of the dump. He plans on putting the ball in the cross sills above the hoist. He says that he's done several, so I'll get some pictures when he's done.

Work has been picking up with decent weather to work in. I've got a few brush jobs lined up and a few more to go look at. Our oil bids have not been released yet, but we are anxiously waiting. Just one picture of a roadway that I've been working on.
    [​IMG]

7. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

You are about in my back yard this time!

8. Asphalt/Dirt Man

Asphalt/Dirt Man LawnSite Member

More pictures of asphalt paving!!!!!!!!!

And why do you call them oil trucks?

I've heard them called Distributor's, tack wagon, spray rig, black gold hauler, a/c distributor's, etc etc but never an oil truck.

9. ioilyouin

Well i'm done for Bolo this year. At least you could have stopped by with a soda.

Local lingo, just like those people who call carbonated beverages "Pop" or shopping carts "buggies".:)

10. ioilyouin

It's amazing what you can find in the road ditches.
    [​IMG]
    I had to take them off, I felt dirty...but they'll hang around for the right target. :laugh:

I'm currently mowing for a township that really doesn't keep up with maintenance. Too many places to go, too big to cut, too little money to spend.

There's some bigger wood in here.
    [​IMG]

Got what I could.
    [​IMG]

Another view.
    [​IMG]