IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ioilyouin, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

As I understand it the E55 counterweight is interchangeable and about 600# more. How much would that cost?!?

I'm trying to come up with something, any suggestions?

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Get some plates cut and mount them underneath the existing counterweight? We did that on our 160 to add 1500 lbs and it has worked well.

3. ioilyouin

That's what I had in mind, but there isn't just a whole lot of clearance like on a bigger machine.

4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

If it works half as good as it looks your set. Is the counterweight bolted from the back? Could use longer bolts and stack a few plates on the back. It'll add to your tail swing but the further you get weight away from the swing the more work it does.

5. ioilyouin

MY gig this week.
    [​IMG]

What I'm hauling to.
    [​IMG]

6. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

What did you end up doings about the weights ? Tony

7. ioilyouin

I had a local shop waterjet a 1" plate to bolt up underneath. Currently we're doing some tweaking. I'll take a pic when I'm done. The first cut landed around 620#'s.

8. anthonyp

anthonyp LawnSite Member

Did that make a significant difference?? and if you don`t mind, approximately how much did they charge to do that? Thanks Tony

9. AfterhoursVT

AfterhoursVT LawnSite Member

Any updates on this set up? Movies? Would love to see it all plumbed up and in action.

10. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't mind my asking, what are your rates per hour on the E50? Great pics btw!