1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ioilyouin, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

I've been fairly busy with my mini and other equipment. I really don't have time to set up for pics, but today we were working in the yard. We took 500+ Tons of CA-6/ Grade 8/ roadpack and ran it through this portable mixing machine. The video is a time lapse with pics evey minute. I would have liked to set up the camera in a different location, but we needed to get going. Sorry, but there is no sound, it's only 9 seconds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqWDe2UHvBg

2. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Do you guys own your own machine to make the bam or do you rent? I have watched them make it at Mollers before, and its amazing how fast it can be made.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Dude that was awesome! Nothing like a full day's work in 9 seconds.

4. ioilyouin

I wish I owned that machine. It has paid for itself several times over. That is the same one that Moeller rents. IT stays busy all spring, and most of the summer. I've tried to buy it off of Marathon, but they've got it too good to let it go.

Actually it was only about four hours with cleanup. We ran out of rock and took a break to see if any more was nearby. That and the operator on the Deere couldn't keep up so we had to shut down twice to let him catch up. With close piles and bigger loaders you can easily turn a load out in two hours. I was on the Bobcat, I tried to feed the mixer but I just didn't have enough height. I could reach over but couldn't dump all the way because of a screen in the hopper.

5. ioilyouin

Yesterday I did some demonstration mowing for a township nearby. The commissioner wants to see what kind of production I can get and to let his board see what can be done. I only did one side of the road, but the results were pretty evident.
    Down the hill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Up the hill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another spot before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

6. ioilyouin

My father-in-law has been after me to come over and rock his driveway. Some portions needed rock while others just needed to be opened up and regraded. So I took our Kubota because I wanted to use the box blade to rip some areas, our roller and dump with chip gate. Had to get rid of a lot of debris in the corners.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Blue Goose

Blue Goose LawnSite Senior Member

Geeze, what a difference! Looks fantastic!

8. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! Nice job! The pics really show a good before and after in both cases.

9. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

gotta love a box scraper with chisels to bring the rock back to the top

10. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

That culvert is little shallow for my comfort.