IOILYOUIN's Picture Thread.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ioilyouin, Feb 9, 2010.

1. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still doing some mowing for one of the local townships when I can work it in, but I had to pull off early today to do a prime coat for a local blacktopper that we service. Just some before and after pics today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Just a guess but is that at Greenville? Who is black toping it?

3. ioilyouin

yes it is. Rooters from Beckemeyer.

4. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice finish with that mower on the slope there. Looks like some nice mowing- not a lot of large hardwoods in there :drinkup: How are your blades holding up?

5. wanabe

from So. IL

Did not realize they still blacktoped. What ever happened to the outfit from Keysport that blacktoped at one time?

6. ioilyouin

Funny you should ask that, I was thinking of asking you the same thing. That ditch is one of the softest patches I've got. This job is littered with oak, black locust, and hedge. :dizzy: Not to mention the fact that sections I'm mowing over have rip rap, busted concrete, and exposed rebar occasionally. I actually chopped my case drain line in two today. I let the loop come undone and was trying to finish the last 1/2 hour without getting off or getting rained on. :hammerhead: I'll take some pics of the mower deck and the blades and you do the same. I'd like to compare.

Yes, they've gotten fairly large. They have bought quite a lot of equipment since I've been sub'ing for them. That's their new Gehlamustanaeuchi 80 in the pic. They are filling a large portion of the void left by Christ Bros., when they went highway.

Keyesport Asphalt was bought out by Howell Asphalt from Mattoon. It's a good way to eliminate competition, if you've got the bank.

7. wanabe

from So. IL

So Christ is highway only now? My dad has hauled alot of rock for them in the past, but come to think of it I do not remember when he last worked for them.

8. ioilyouin

Yes, they are primarily geared toward highway now that they have 2 plants of their own. I cannot even begin to imagine what their bank note is now.:dizzy: Drive back to their lot on the South side of the tracks. They own quite a bit of everything back there.

Good news! The case drain line that I cut, stripped the fitting out of the orifice on the motor. When I put in the new fitting in, it wouldn't tighten. I thought I had ruined the case. :cry: I took it to the local hydraulic shop and they were able to retap it without any other work. They were able to fix it in a couple of hours. I didn't get anything done with all the running around, but they only charged me $27 and I was expecting to spend a couple hundred if the case was ruined. :dancing: SO good day all in all. I'm going to work in the morning to try and catch up.

9. ioilyouin

Yesterday I dug alongside a basement so that a brick ledge could be added to an existing home, unfortunately I didn't have time for pics. Today back out mowing and was able to finish up a large ditch that I ad been working on. Tomorrow I'll be back at it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. wanabe

from So. IL

Very nice job! I never would have thought in a million years that you would have got so much work from all the townships. I know mine(dubois) is about as broke as they can get, and would never have funding for this, all though they need your service bad.