Iowa

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bob Shoaff, May 14, 2002.

1. Bob Shoaff

Bob Shoaff LawnSite Member

I have recently relocated to Iowa and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the requirements for a lawncare and or landscapng business in this State. Any help would be very appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bob

2. J.Henderson

J.Henderson LawnSite Member

Where are you at in Iowa, Bob? I live near the Iowa border in the Quad Cities.

3. Bob Shoaff

Hi there.... Im in Iowa City. Looking to get back into my own business or help someone grow theirs. I dont think I am very far from you and looking at some of the work being done around here their is ALOT of room for improvement. I will look forward to hearing back from you soon.
    Thanks,
    Bob

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob,

Try the State of Iowa website? I know the MN site has everything you need to get up and legal posted. (google.com)

Good luck

5. J.Henderson

This is my first year on my own. I had a small LCO as a teenager in Louisiana, but it's been 16 years. I am learning as I go along. I have learned alot from Lawnsite.com. The hardest thing I find to do is getting new customers. But as I said, it is a learning process, and you are never to smart to learn something new.

6. Bob Shoaff

Very true. I have used alot of good marketing in the past and was able to build business fairly quick. Do you have any employees now? Do you take care of commercial and residential? Maintenance, installation or both?

7. Bob Shoaff

Thanks for the help ToroGuy. I will check that out.

8. J.Henderson

Right now it is just residential maintenance and then snow removal in the winter. Next year I want to branch out more maybe 35% commercial. I am a single man business.