iPhone 4s

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Larson Lawn Care, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I was considering buying an iphone 4s. It seems to have a lot of benefits to my business. If you have one, what do you like best about it for your business?

2. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 4 which is the same just without Siri. I RUN my business off this phone. I have my calendar which synchs to my comp automatically so I alwYs know what I'm doing, I have a tasks page, te maps on it are amazing and you can always find your way no matter if you are in the city or in the woods (got lost off roading and helped so much), the voicemail you can see it on the screen vs having to listen to it and hope they tell you their number. The Internet is amazing if you have to look stuff up quick that either is for a bid or just for shits n giggles. The pictures are incredible and show great detail, the best is email being right there so you never miss a customers email and you can synch it to your website like I did. Any questions I will gladly answer for you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Not knocking the iphone other than its restriction of having to buy\download even if free from apple. They are good, but it sucks that you only have 2 carriers who can use the iphone(at least in my area) verizon or at&t. all

I also use my phone for contacts, schedule appoitments, excel and word and even use a foldable keybord and for estimating via gps(don't know if they have that) square footage, material needed ect....... all on an android software phone.

much more apps are made for phones that operate on the android software and you got a choice of phones that you can use. I just don't like having to be stuck with one type of phone that I can use.

Don't get me wrong, iphones are great phones. BUT i will never forget when Steve Jobs was intorducing the original Iphone during the Mac convention here in San Francisco at the Moscone Convention Center. When Mr.Jobs introduced the phone, he had to use a film presentation because there was no at&t service available, yet motorola came out with the droid at the same time. They were letting the macphobes use there droid phones to place phone calls and use some of the apps that were available for free.

John

4. Not knocking the iphone other than its restriction of having to buy\download even if free from apple. They are good, but it sucks that you only have 2 carriers who can use the iphone(at least in my area) verizon or at&t. all

I also use my phone for contacts, schedule appoitments, excel and word and even use a foldable keybord and for estimating via gps(don't know if they have that) square footage, material needed ect....... all on an android software phone.

much more apps are made for phones that operate on the android software and you got a choice of phones that you can use. I just don't like having to be stuck with one type of phone that I can use.

Don't get me wrong, iphones are great phones. BUT i will never forget when Steve Jobs was intorducing the original Iphone during the Mac convention here in San Francisco at the Moscone Convention Center. When Mr.Jobs introduced the phone, he had to use a film presentation because there was no at&t service available, yet motorola came out with the droid at the same time. They were letting the macphobes use there droid phones to place phone calls and use some of the apps that were available for free.

John

5. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I used to be an IPhone user, but have moved on to Android. I use my phone to keep service schedules, keep track of the summer popup rain showers, make photo copies of receipts and checks for accounting purposes, etc. I would be lost without it. I like the Android better because if you root it, the updates are much better than Apple. Apple's updates always degrade the performance of the older phones. I rooted my Android and have upgraded the OS several times using the CoreDroid rom and it is still as fast as it was new. Even though it is 2 years old. :)

Plus when rooted, you can get apps from several sources, you are not limited to one source like Apple. I also get a free wireless access point for my Android Tablet and laptop using my Android phone as a wireless router:)

You can jail break an IPhone, but Apple always tries to break the jail break, Android roms doesn't.

Android is a better value IMHO.

6. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Forget to mention that with Android, you contacts and appointments are accessible through your google account and your android phone. SO you can do scheduling on the PC or the phone.

7. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Smartphone's have a place but let's look at some of the fact's.

A top of the line iPhone 4s without a plan - 849.00

A top of the line iPhone 4s with a plan - 399.00

You have to have voice plan AND a data plan - 70.00 a month.

So you have to pay and that is the plan. ALL their stuff is overpriced. The apple fans have been convinced that they need these gadget's and they are willing to pay for that. If that's what you want, have at it. I will stick with my 50.00 motorola.

8. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

All of the stuff everyone said about Droids is also true for iPhone. You can buy a case with a keyboard, you can use excel or word, you and synch it to your comp and have it automatically update without even being anywhere near your house. Yes it sucks you have to buy just from the apple store but its all worth it in the end. I have att and have no issues. I have 950 anytime roll over minutes which at this point i have SOO many minutes rolled over that I'm set for life, i have unlimited texting and unlimited data. My monthly bill with tax is about $110 but if you get the lower mins and be careful for the first couple months and you roll over some mins you will be fine

9. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

I used to be an iphone user but I just switched to an android phone (samsung galaxy s captivate II)

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

10. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't even consider an android. I thought iphones were top of the line.