IPM Scouting + Manual Weeding

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by mbucuk, Mar 25, 2008.

1. mbucuk

mbucuk LawnSite Member

For you guys who are doing full service organic (fertilizer, mowing, shrubs/beds, etc), do you charge for scouting and hand weeding?

For the properties we are mowing I include these services at no charge since we are on the property weekly anyway and it does not take much time. For my customers who are only doing the organic lawn maintenance, but are mowing themselves or through an external company, we are billing out based on 6 - half hour visits to the property for scouting/weeding.

I have been itemizing the weeding/scouting as a separate billable item on estimates. Are others doing this or do you incorporate these services into the application prices? Does this sound reasonable?

I actually have not had a bid rejected yet this season! so I must either be under priced or very convincing!

Thanks.
    Mike

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

What do the non organic folks charge for weed control? I would think you should charge for weed control, the other guys do.

You may be able to show a comparison, your program to theirs. $240.00 per year for 2-4D weed and feed or $240 a year for our manual weed and feed