Iron Horse Tractors?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by DAVELAWN, Jun 12, 2005.

1. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

Ever hear of them or use them? Compact diesel 4x4, 800lb lift capacity, three point hitch, bucket and backhoe......about 13500......anyone???

2. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

Yep,
    exact same tractor Homier sells and Northern hydraulics.. They are Chinese made.

3. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

How bout reliability etc?

4. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

I read a lot on three other tractor only nets.. These Jinma's, AKA Iron Horse, Homier, Northern hydraulics and probably a host of other names, have their share of problems. I know one guy who bought one in the crate, took it home, and all but tore it down and rebuilt it as it came out of that crate,. To my knowledge, he hasn't had any problems. Most owners are heavily mechanically inclined and therefore are not afraid to get their hands dirty now and then. My suggestion to you is, find a Jinma dealer close to you as possible and try them out. Then, purposefully, go try others like Kubota/Deere/NH/Kioti/Mahindra/Long/Branson and others,. This, ought to help you decide.
    Where in Mass are you?

5. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

I am in the Attleboro area.......cub cadet makes a nice lookign unit from what i have read

6. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

Was just out your area last week.. There are just as many variables of buying tractors and tractor types as there is needs for the same... Rather than take up band width here, PM me

7. DAVELAWN

DAVELAWN LawnSite Member
    from MASS

Lamabur....please email me your address, i have some questions, for some reason pm, will not work

mine is LFTHK1@AOL.COM

thanks
    Dave

8. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I suggest that you run. They are made inChina and that only means one thing..............JUNK. The Chinese can't even make high quality hand tools so what makes you think they could make a decent tractor? :)