1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Iron in Permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by robertsturf, Jun 7, 2008.

1. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

I apologize if this has been asked before but I sold my space-saver tank and need to do some iron applications for our lawns. I was wondering if anyone has tried this with a Permagreen Ultra? I sprayed some Primo-Maxx with it and it worked well. Thank you.:clapping:
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just did 2 1/2 acres with 12-0-0 6% fe foliar feed with my Permagreen. The trick is, is that you have to have adequate coverage. The only way to do this is to do higher output. I have done this before using Manage, as well. What I have done is run the high output nozzles, and run the machine on slow speed. This decreases the coverage from 4000 ft./gal. to 2800 ft./gal.. Now, there are a FEW on here who have put larger pumps on their machines, and switched some nozzles - bumping their flow up and their gal./1000 up quite a bit. I'm not sure of the exact numbers they have (perhaps someone who has done this can chip in) - or a simple search would bring it up. I was wishing mine was set up that way, the other day. I mixed at half the rate, and went over each area twice in different directions for adequate coverage.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just went and looked at this guy's lawn tonight, and could not believe what I was looking at! This guy has the greenest lawn on the block! He was outside in his backyard when we drove up and walked out back, and this guy was nothing BUT happy. He said it was geat, and I was saying to myself, the same thing. I asked him "But how did it look YESterday,...for the PARTY? He said the same fantastic, and that he got alot of compliments on it. I was pleased (more relieved than anything), and now atleast we know it works! I'll be doing my brother's lawn this week, as my niece's openhouse is this weekend. I DO want to look in to a higher output setup for my PG for this, though.
  4. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you for your input. Very much appreciated.
  5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Runner, are you which PG are you running?

You say you went in slow gear at high rate and went over it twice.

My only concern here isTIME!

What if you went over it twice in high gear?

When I test my sprayer I get very good coverage (guessing in the mid-high 80%) just going over once. I am thinking high speed and going over it twice would still be adequate and would save a lot of time!

You have stated an awesome topic, as now I am very interested in trying this!

6. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes Runner,

It is great how fast it works Huh...

It along with some Mn,Zn, and some Mg in Glucoheptonate form (no Staining) will give Amazing Green Zing and Help with cutting back on the N.

Yes the PG does this just fine.

I spray my house Turf (1/2 acre) with this 3x, 3 weeks apart along with Eagle/Bayleton Rotation, for the Brown Patch. I can keep Fertility on "High" and little Disease issues through Summer.

It gets REALLY GREEN, and the Neighbors...well, cannot compete.

Sports Turf Green.

Enjoy :)