Iron Planet

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Mini man, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

I live in Ont Canada and was wondering about purchasing a 315 Cat on Iron planet....Anyone bought from this before a similar pc?
    Shipping and Customs? anyone know ? Thanks
  2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

There is a lot pieces on IP that go to Canada. Iron Planet could probably help with how customs works.
  3. Mini man

Mini man LawnSite Member

Do you think you can trust hour meters on the machines being sold?
  4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Generally I think yes. However you have to look at the entire report and see if it makes sense to you. The hyd and engine oil reports are telling so is the wear on the sprokets and so on. If the wear is consistant with the hour meter I would say it probably good to go. Get high wear indicators and a low hour meter that might be suspect.
  5. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

If the machine is a newer model with a computer system,chances are that the hours are correct or close.Unless the computer has been changed because of bad one.Just changing it to make it look like low hour machine, they cost to much just to do that.

I think you just have to look at the machine and decide if the hours matches the machine.

I bought a dozer, that cosmectic wish was a little rough ,but hour wish was low hour machine.When i got it i had the Cat mechanic put his laptop on the machine and the hours was correct,because the transmission hours read the same as the one on the other system.

Good luck,just have to make your best jugdement count at times.:usflag: