1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Iron product for backpack sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by gulfjoe, Aug 8, 2012.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I have read lately on how you guys add Iron to your packs when spraying herbicides, and I was wonder what specfic product do you guys use? I just did a 2nd application of celcius to lawn and got alot of yellowing this go around.

GALAWN LawnSite Member

4 gallon backpack at what measurement? middle rate (.34 I think)? Did you use a sticker? U can just put liquid chelated iron in the backpack that you can get at lesco. Iron isn't going to be a cure all though, if you go too hard it's still going to yellow. I use medium rate with mso and a fan tip and don't have any problems. The only time I yellow anything out is if I put quinclorac in my tank also.
  3. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a backpack sprayer this week. I was using a 2 gallon hand sprayer. I was spraying celcius at max rate for spot spraying crabgrass mostly. I found out I bought the wrong type of back pack though, it was for liquids only and not for use with wettable powders. I am going to return it and try to get a diffrent one.