IronPlant.....VTS

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RockSet N' Grade, Nov 24, 2008.

1. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

IronPlanet auction tomorrow.....6 sets of vts tracks for 262Cat and 246Cat compatible......just thought I would give a heads up. Will also be interesting to see sales prices of all the KittyCat stuff......

2. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the heads up doesn't look like they will fit my 5640. Referenced the loegering site and don't think they will work but can't really figure it out.

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Will be interesting to see what they go for, keep us in the loop.

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to email or call Loegren. You might be surprised.

5. stuvecorp

It can get confusing, you have the small frame with two different size tracks and the large frame set. Best bet is to get as much info and call Loegering.

6. KRtraxx

KRtraxx LawnSite Senior Member

The sets from the 246 Cats will fit your 5640 Gehl..You may have to do some reconfiguration..But thats not a big deal..You will have everything you need with a set off the 246,s.. Make sure they are 18" sets..I wouldnt recommend the 15" set on the 246 OR the 5640..To much HP for the small frame sets..Have tried this and not satisfied with the results I've seen in hard use applications..Have sold many many sets since the day they were introduced.Will always give you an honest opinion on whats good or not good about them...
    Make sure you check track band condition..The first sets sold cracked early but still seemed to hold together ok for many hours of hard use..But they sure looked like heck...

7. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

Yea just checked before I read this and loegering said the same thing. Not sure what width they are doesn't explain anything. Looks like the pictures are the same for both the 246 sets.
    Do you have any used or demoed sets for sale. I would go new but just would rather get my feet wet with a used set before dropping the big bucks.

8. NEUSWEDE

from Maine

I am now part of the VTS Club thanks again for the heads up rockset

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet, let us know how it works out. How has the 5640 treated you as a whole?

10. stuvecorp

Welcome to the club!