1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

IRRIGATING IN THE WINTER MONTHS (do you drop your prices)

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by tbettis, Jul 16, 2007.

1. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

im probaly gonna get bashed for asking this but im a residential home owner and wanted to get a system put in this year...do you guys lower your prices in the winter months beacuse of the slow work. be honest.... if so....by what %
  2. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
    Well we got the bashing out of the way. That is a regional issue as much as anything. Good reputable contractors with a track record rarely drop their prices because it is difficult to get them back up and a disservice to previous customers. I'm sure somebody in your area will rationalize that it is better to keep the guys working and drop his price. If you think all contractors and sprinkler systems are the same and it's "just a price issue" you will definitely be getting what you pay for.
  3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

You probably could save 5-10% with paying by greenbacks. A popular misconception by homeowners is......................... our profit margins are huge. So if a company profits say 25-35% in a competitive market, how much can they really leave on the table? Most likely you have companies in the area now that already undervalue their work. Call 3-5 companies and get prices and you will most likely see a big price range based on the work proposed and how they back their systems.
  4. Cash, check, summer, winter..my prices are the same.....
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

In cold weather climates, it will usually take longer to put a system in. Less daylight, cold weather slows down the workers, frozen ground, etc. So why would we do it for less?
  6. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Man...once I'm done blow outs, I'm done for the year....if you really,really want me to try and do anything, you'll be paying a heck of a premium, not a discount! We work long days all season and when its time to wind down, we need (and deserve) it.
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto my man!!
  8. jluksic

jluksic LawnSite Member

"Cash, check, summer, winter, neighborhood..my prices are the same....."
  9. Ditto.......
  10. tbettis

tbettis LawnSite Member

the prices ive been getting.....some have a differential of 1000.00 easily...why?