Irrigation Auditor as primary business?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by coronelli, Feb 3, 2008.

1. coronelli

coronelli LawnSite Member

What do you guys think of specializing in doing Residential Irrigation Audits?
    I live in Colorado where water usage is always a issue.

In my experience, most of the other sprinkler guys I come across don't seem too interested in helping people save water, they just want to fix whats wrong and move to the next job.

This will be my 3rd season doing irrigation repairs as part of my lawn care business so I know a little. I could sub out or refer customers who need major repairs.

2. Evomr

Evomr LawnSite Member

I think it would be a great thing, I think broomfield and few others citys NEED to get audit before they can get there ticket or w.e its called saying they can move/live in the house..
    Took the course at Front range community college in westminster, alot of math to do the test and learn it but i guess once you pass you dont need all those numbers you learned, something to look into :D
    If you dont mind me asking what is your company named called? you can pm me

3. Evomr

Evomr LawnSite Member

I have this book that i got at front range book store called " certified landscape irrigation auditor" shows all the ways and what not on how to do it..

www.irrigation.org

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

are you a CIA?

5. I believe it takes 10 posts to do pms so you guys need to keep posting.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I think its great if there is a market for it. That being said, every municipality should have regulations in place demanding that irrigation systems are audited by someone licensed to do so, thereby making more efficient use of water, everywhere.

A few new guys from Colorado here recently. Good to see. See you soon.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Arggggg, more regulation......#@**#@. :hammerhead: [​IMG]

8. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

What about combining the irrigation audit business with backflow testing/certification. Both activities could compliment each other and provide more work.

9. coronelli

coronelli LawnSite Member

I was at the Pro Green Expo in Denver and attended a lot of Irrigation talks. In every class they metioned Irrigation Audits. I'm not a CIA but am seriously considering getting certified. For a customer to get a rebate you need to be "A qualified irrigation auditor". Thanks for the heads up on the book. Any other thoughts!

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

are you a CIA?