Irrigation Company worth?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by djagusch, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

You can never underestimate the value of a good client list. Clients definitely make the business! If you end up acquiring the business you will certainly want to breath some fresh life into it your advertising. I'm Robin with Adeas Printing & I want to quickly tell you about our innovative products. We offer Band-It & Stick-It as reasonably priced add ons to our Door Hangers, Postcards, Brochures & much more. They will truly make your new business stand out from the competition and really impress your new & existing customers. Take a look at our short video explaining what we offer: http://www.adeasprinting.com/perforated-door-hangers

We have fantastic specials going on right now too. For example 1,000 door hangers with Band-It for only $99.00! Call us with any questions :)

Sincerely,
    Robin

2. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

Because they judge success by the number of depreciating assets they have acquired.

3. muddywater

Well I think you buy it for 5k and absorb them into your pricing structure. That way it is only a 5k risk.

4. muddywater

I have bought a couple business in the last few years. I haven't regretted it. I guess they really depend on the type of situation. Sometimes these clients are impossible to reach with advertising, I think I would have missed out on some major revenue if I hadn't of taken the risks.

On my next buyout, if they are average clients I would really want to try to get the list for next to nothing. Nobody can get financing, this business is hard, its not like buying a McDonalds franchise, margins are not incredible... so I think this needs to reflect in the price.

On the other hand, if it was business like Mike Leary's I think it could be an amazing opportunity. To truly build a brand in this industry, it seems to take 10-20 years... and you are essentially buying 10-20 years of someone's life.

5. JACIRR

JACIRR LawnSite Member
    from MN

You will want to make sure that you are even eligible to take the PLT testing. The state requires that you need to be an unregistered individual for a min of 3 years before you are eligible to take the PLT test. I have looked into buying companies in MN, and you usually need to account for a 20% customer loss, and buying only the customers at about 50-60% of what they were charging to come out in the end.

6. Welcome to the site. Sorry about my last post. On my IPad it doesn't indicate the sponsor under the avatar.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

buy a new computer, you piker :mad:

8. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Not sure what you are referring too, but no worries & thank you! :)

-Robin

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

And you, fix your links. :realmad:

10. zimmatic

zimmatic LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever buy the company?