Irrigation Flags

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by The Irritator, Jan 23, 2008.

1. The Irritator

The Irritator LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys had custom marking flags made? Any reccomendations on a company to use?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You know that post is going to break the heart of a certain company that sponsors this site :)

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Printed flags are in the same boat as yard signs...denotes a rookie, no offense. If you're going to spend money, have a classy logo with phone
    and web site put on your truck(s).

4. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Was not sure if I understood you, using custom flags and signs is a sign of a rookie????

5. Mike I suspect he is using them to mark heads before an install. Advertising is the second reason. Flags are a handy tool sometimes. i looked at the prices out of curiosity and they sure beat supply house prices. May get some myself.

6. Flow Control

I have been using that company for a decade now, pretty happy with them.

7. I haven't but I think it is a good idea.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Make your suppliers GIVE you the flags, it's got their advertising on them!
    Understand the need for flags, but custom imprints? Give me a break.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I used to have em, Nowadays I keep costs down by just using Hunter flags.

10. Flow Control

I guess it varies from region to region. The "rookies" and smaller companies can't justify the minimum order for custom flags so they just pay for the supplier flags. Any decent company has their own flags around here. There is one large company in the area that uses 3x3 blank pink flags on jobs where they don't want city inspectors seeing or on jobs they get subbed out on. To each their own, personally I think that having literature, flags, signs, trucks and trailers that all look the same (company logo & number) portrays some level of professionalism.