irrigation for indoor riding arena horses ????

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mdirrigation, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

just got a call from a customer about indoor irrigation , suspended from the ceiling of an indoor horse riding arena , She says its a type of mist system . Anybody have any experience with something like this?

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I believe there have been a couple threads in the past about this. You might try a quick search.

3. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

What's it watering? Grass? Shrubs? Horses?
    Is it to keep the dust down on the track?

4. When I get back home in about 3 weeks I'll post some pics of the one my sister has.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Ive seen em before but never did one. Closest thing to it Ive done was a clay tennis court.

6. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

7. Mdirrigation

I called netafim they gave me some info . The purpose is to keep the dust down . May be an intresting job , never installed a system without using a shovel . Probably will need a jlg lift .

8. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

You will probably have to address winter use freeze issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Mdirrigation

Thats what i was concerned about , I was thinking auto drains at low points and on either side of the valves , and using a master valve . And or having a air compressor attached to the system so they could blow it down themselves each night when necessary .

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Auto drains are a waste of water, seems like they make hangers with low-drain check valves. I've done a few consultations for dust control and figured rotors on the back side of the posts. But for cooling, LDC misters would be the answer.