Irrigation for Realtors and Home Sales

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by RhettMan, Mar 14, 2013.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

what has been your experience?

2. RhettMan

from Texas

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

I have one that refers me to his clients for leaks and locates.

As a rule, most that i have been around are leaky vessels that won't hold much water
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RhettMan

from Texas

10-4, i think.

I probably dont understand the real estate game well enough, though.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

These days most realtors are broke.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

..which is about all the understanding you need

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I can usually work with real estate agents just fine, but I let them know up front that we will get the job done right and not band-aid it together just to get it past the closing. It's the rental property managers I usually can't deal with. Crummy systems, tenants are hard to schedule, they want the work done cheap due to all the volume (of crummy work) they are giving you, and they always need to get approval for repairs which means another trip back to the jobsite after they get approval.

8. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

That's why I charge a Service Call fee. One to go find the problem and if you don't want it fixed while I'm there, it'll be another service call to come back later. It costs money to get to the job site.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. I tell them it's cheaper for me to do it now, and I charge more to leave and come back.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. RhettMan

from Texas

I started this recently, and I've gotta say this is the best filter, I wish I had done it sooner. But I always thought it would hurt business.

Oddly enough, for only a very quick second, I considered the possibilty that MAYBE: people give respect in proportion to the amount they are expecting to be billed.

On another note, for example: a young man selling his house calls me (I know, lol) BC his whole system doesnt work, controller still seems to work, no recent digging, you know whats up.

I arrive, poke for mv vb, find instead the isolation valve, quick turn, system runs.......zone two runs with zone 1,3 & 4. zone 4 has 6 heads broke. zone one has rotors and sprays......9V is old :)

I give him a low price, itemized.....says he'll call back.

I say i'll need a check for the visit, and it will be deducted from the bill should he call with the go ahead for the rest.

He calls back that the buyer has decided to pay for the repairs, but many thanks for coming out and getting it working again. :laugh:

Last year I would have not been paid a dime. :hammerhead: