Irrigation from river, finally done... thanks!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ple_1969, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Hello - well after 2 weekends and some evenings it’s finally finished. I'm a homeowner and last year I put a few posts on the site about using a river to supply an irrigation system. I took all the advice I received and designed then build my system. Just wanted to say "thanks" to all that gave me feedback. Boots, really appreciate that tip on the Goulds 1.5 hp jet pump. Its suits my needs perfectly. Getting 18GPM @ 55psi. Here are some pics.

Pete

pump.jpg

pump2.jpg

pump3.jpg

pump4.jpg

sprinkler.JPG

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

nice and clean, hope you are proud of your work :)

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice, always good to see a liquid-filled pressure gauge!

4. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Good work.

5. jabbo

jabbo LawnSite Member

Man, wish I had a source of water like that...Looks like your homework paid off!!! Good job.:clapping:

6. Very clean professional looking work. I'm impressed. Boots knows his pumps and cheap wine.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good - I would have had galvanized steel going in and out of the pump, but the PVC should be okay since the pump is going to be cooler out of the sunlight

8. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys! I took my time and did the best I could. I followed the advice given - used quality parts (no Orbit) double clamped as needed, used a good PVC glue on slip joints and Magaloc on threaded. I have to admit that this was hard work. My hat is off to all of you that do this as your profession.

pete

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

final clean-up of PVC can be done with acetone soaked rag or painting of exposed PVC, painting will delay UV issues.

Galvanized or brass into the ground will dissipate heat and add strength when not protected.

great job though :)

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So what did you use for the suction tubing?