Irrigation heads?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Greg78, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

And he pays the sponsorship to the forum :D

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

7" I'm guessing all the heads have donuts on them? I just can't see what 7" would do for you on a 2 1/2" head?

3. Greg78

Yes he does for Easy-Lift. Just struck me as odd the way he said "I use the TAS Trimmer." Why not say " I use my invention the TAS Trimmer, give my product a try or a look."?

4. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

I am only sponsoring the Easy-Lift Harness ATM on this site. I was only replying to the thread, not pushing my product.
    easy-lift guy

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Like I stated earlier I use the TAS Trimmer to trim around my sprinkler head donuts and 6" VBC. If wanted to trim the pop up and rotary heads I would use the TAS Trimmer II.
    easy-lift guy

6. Greg78

So any of you Florida guys using the Sprinkler Buddy or seen one in use?

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yes That is the same sprinkler head cutter I used to use.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just use my metal blade edger that I use for the driveway, sidewalks and landscape beds to clean around the sprinkler heads. Most of them have the concrete donuts, so the blade rides right around it. Don't take me long to do. I clean them every other week. simple for me.

9. Greg78

Bill are you doing the same for the ones without donuts?

10. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

yes, but those there I am very careful, very easy to damage the head, but most of mine have the donuts. If its a good client and depends on how many donuts are missing, I will just replace them. They dont cost that much, cheaper then a new irrigation head. I do make sure I inform the client that I've replaced them. Goes a long way. I've seen where guys trimmed with the string trimmer. Looks horrible, like a stright line, not circular. Idiots