irrigation inventory for sale

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ray24/7, Jan 15, 2006.

1. ray24/7

ray24/7 LawnSite Member

Former investor in mid-west irrigation business wishes to liquidate complete inventory.
    Will not seperate.
    Excellent start-up enventory or addition to existing business.

Pvc pipe
    1”- 740 feet
    1 ¼”- 300 feet
    1 ½” - 220 feet
    4”- 30 feet
    Approx. 500 pvc fittings 1, 1 ¼ , 1 ½ and some 2 inch
    Including several slip fixes

Poly pipe 1” - approx. 900 feet
    Poly fittings and clamps

1/2” Swing pipe - over 200 feet
    Saddles and swing 90’s

Control wire:
    approx. 350’ 8 count wire
    over 1000’ single strand wire
    3m 316 connectors, wire nuts and dby’s

Valves:

Rainbird
    dv-100(1 inch) - 34
    200pga-b(2 inch)- 1

Hunter
    1inch - 7

Heads:

Rainbird
    5004- 30
    3500- 20
    1804- 9
    1808- 20
    1812- 65
    Includes approx. 200 assorted RB spray nozzles

Hunter
    PGP-25

Controllers:

Rainbird
    esp-8 -1
    esp-6LX+ (like new)-1

Misc:
    Two 18 inch meter pits w/ lids
    2 Watts brass ball valves and compression tees, 1 ¼ and 2”

$2500.00

Sorry, but i can not deliver.

E-mail me if you are interested or if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    Ray Turner

2. ray24/7

ray24/7 LawnSite Member

Not too sure about email support on this forum, so here it is.. louieangel24@yahoo.com
    This inventory list is not complete. The lot includes more, a few valve boxes and other assorted parts, buyer takes all. We only operated one season and must sell because of tax liabilty, so i probably will not entertain offers.

3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

$2500? I'm missing something for sure. If it were a little later toward spring, I might be interested in a number closer to half that.

4. ray24/7

ray24/7 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback, I really struggled when setting an asking price, and am not trying to offend anybody by asking 2500. The main point is that it has got to go, but i am not going to give it away. I would be a fool not to listen to someone who has an offer, I guess I shouldn't have said that in the second post I made. (i will take a mulligan) thanks, Ray

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Cashing out inventory in the off season is kind of difficult. Given time, you might sell the smaller stuff on eBay.

6. bicmudpuppy

No offense. Just commenting that your asking price looks real close to wholesale for what is listed. Site unseen, my experience has been that "old" inventory goes for somewhere between .25 and .50 on the dollar. Bought right, I think I could pickup what you have listed for under 2k, but I would have to be "shopping" to do it. Since I and I'm sure most of the rest can relate to the prospect of liquidating, best of luck to you, but this might not be an ideal location. When one of the supply houses here in the KC metro went out of buisness just before last spring, the figures I heard from the auction were closer to a dime on the dollar and sometimes less. Valves were puchased by the case and cases were sold under $30 each. I didn't get the word in time and missed the auction. If I hadn't of been near broke at the time I would have cried harder. The CR500's I like so well went for under a buck a piece in some lots.

7. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Was that a mom and pop or a decent size supply shop. Were they asking too much when in business or do you think the supply side is a cut throat as everything else. What do you guys think the mark up is on the supply side?

8. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

It varies from product line to product line. Many supply houses buy hardgoods at .375 mult. Some better than that, others worse - it's volume driven. Commodities such as pipe and wire sometimes are sold with a 10% mark-up on large quantity quotes, and the day-to-day prices are a 12.5 - 15.0 % mark-up.

There are also year-end rebates and discounts available when the supply house reaches their purchase goal. But then the following year in order to obtain those discounts again the supply house has to increase purchases anywhere from 10 - 20%. And if you miss any of the quarterly purchase goals, the year-end discount suffers, and it doesn't matter if you made up the shortage in the following quarters, or even exceeded forecast. You messed up a quarter so you pay.

How many of your supply houses treat you like that? You have to keep increasing sales in order to get the same discounts. Most of us would tell them to jam their pipe and fittings, and go find another supply house.

Just a little from the other side of the counter.

9. bicmudpuppy

It was a local supply that has been in the KC area for a very long time, but a green industry shop, not just irrigation. The writting had been on the wall for a long time. They had some of the best pricing on certain things. I always bought ice melt from them. Chalk for the baseball fields, etc. They went under from more than irrigation, but having a Century that became JD, and Ewing x 2 move into the metro sure didn't help.

10. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Jerry... always wondered what pressures they were under. Does it get worse when it's a large chain supplier like JD or Ewing? Is the manager's head on the block if they don't meet certain goals?