irrigation issues

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Jallal, Mar 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Jallal

Jallal LawnSite Member
    from SoCal

I have a customer whose irrigation zones nine and up won't turn on from the timer but they do if you manually open the valve. I switched a couple of the zones on the board to see if the board was faulty but it isn't, so far as I can tell. The zones all worked prior to the system being turned off for the winter.
    There are two valves whose solenoids I recently replaced in hopes that they would stop leaking but it seems that their diaphragms want replacing instead (one leaks, the other constantly runs unless it's clamped down all the way and the valve box is flooded).
    All of the wires appear sound and I can't find any evidence of tampering this time. The timer is a rainbird esp-24mc, any thoughts?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I like cheese.

[​IMG]

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I second that. Hmmmmm cheese!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Let me start over

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

if the valves are consecutive and share the same or branched common, one would begin checking the common at the last working valve and the first non-working valve.
    What are your resistance measurements?
    are either one or both of these solenoids amoung the non-working valves or maybe the last working valve?
    without some measurements you are asking us to speculate. normally consecutive non-working valves indicates common issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

this has, at the least, been educational.

boots somehow always has the answer if one can decode it. direction by indirection.

7. RhettMan

from Texas

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Unplug the battery and pull the plug on the controller. Let it sit for a couple of minutes then power it back up. If that doesn't work, verify the wiring using simple wire tests. I had a controller the other day that literally lost some valves .... power cycling fixed it, as it will for many controller related problems.

This is a stupid suggestion. I hope you are joking.

9. RhettMan

from Texas

grandpa was right, you westerners are all on the pipe.

why are yall so scared of newbie's?

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps I should be, then I might stand a chance of deciphering your posts. :laugh: