Irrigation Prices

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CustomCare, Aug 8, 2006.

1. CustomCare

CustomCare LawnSite Member

Hey everyone I'm new to the site. On May 8th I bought out a lawn mowing co. in Huron SD. I have several customers who want irrigation systems, I have lots of experience in Irrigation and landscaping. Anyways I cant figure out what a decent price to charge per zone or per head. This Lady wants a system which is gonna require 6-7 zones, I recommended to her that we use Rainbird 1804 PRS for the boulevards, 5004's everywhere else. I figured roughly 65 heads. I am gonna tell her $3,000.00 is this cheap? fair? I have done over 50 system installs with previous bosses I feel my Level of performance is superior to the competition.
  2. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

With the experience, you should have listened to the prices.

For that many heads, and not knowing anything else, you are just barely covering materials and equipment at $3000.00. Price is this part of the world would be between $7500 - 9500.

You might check with folks in your area to see what the going rate is.

You're set to do this one at a serious loss.
  3. CustomCare

I figured Id have around 1700-2000 into parts and supplies. less than 2 days to install. Man that makes me feel damn good about the prices if yall can get that much out of the system. There is 2 other people around that do irrigation in town here and they wont tell me anything. I figured 500.00 a zone was pretty good money. The main landscaping co. in town wouldnt even give me a discount on plants, rock or anything. So Ive just been going around em.
  4. If someone bid $7500 - $9500 on a 6 or 7 zone in my area you would get zero work. Going price on a 6-7 zone would be $3500- $4000 on the high end.
    Material cost would be about $1200.00

$500.00 a zone is the going rate or $100 a rotor and $50 a spray.
  5. WetWell

WetWell LawnSite Member

$3000 is cheap.
  6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

65 heads would be aroudn $5500 to $8000 for us.

I'm going to guess that your a plowing poly piper?
  7. CustomCare

Yeah I Like poly...take it you dont. You could tell by the zones right? Ive tried to figure out why everyone likes PVC in small resi. set ups but poly is so easy. I know more heads per zone but you get better water control with more zones. comments welcome
  8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I don't mind poly. I don't think the NON-NSF stuff you use has the reliability of PVC, but thats my personal opinion.

We plow PVC, 65 heads takes about 2 days.
  9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Where you have the soil 'frost and heave' in winter, nothing but poly makes long-term sense, given how stressed PVC can shatter in the cold.
  10. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

A system like that around the Sioux Falls area would be about 3900-5500 depeding on how good I am at selling that day. Turn on your private messages also