1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Irrigation pro subbing out irrigation.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by shooterm, Oct 20, 2010.

1. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

haha yeah... thats the attitude I get.

I put myself through college doing this stuff, and if I have too much business to handle obviously I am doing something right that the guys I sub to arn't.
  2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

hey college boy punkazz kid, you misspelled aren't :laugh:

3. You and john Jr. ought to trade cards. Where you'd go to school?
  4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

In my mind, yes. Physically about 58. Reality is somewhere in between.

Started my biz at 24. Fifteen years later....... you do the math.
  5. txirrigation

from Texas

The University of Oklahoma... you can find us ranked #1 in the BCS. haha

Another reason to sub out the work-

You do not like the client, or don't like the job but still want to make some money.

Arn't- It makes perfect since when you're dyslexic. And I just now saw the spell check at the top right.
  6. OU huh? I pull for them twice a year. Against tu and Nebraska.
  7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i did some contract plumbing for a pool builder that had me hire his son (their plumber) to ride herd on me once, no ride, no license, no heart, smoked, ate and stood in the shade thinking he was going to just point, he was impossible to be around and on top of everything else i had to take him home by 5pm.

his dad tried to charge me $400 for his help (all this on a $1200 job) took me an extra day to finish.

i'm sure you compensate the sub accordingly, i also think that lunch prolly ain't at burger king.
  8. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

His dad is obviously shaping his character.
  9. txirrigation

from Texas

The first time I take him on my job to show him how I expect things done I pay him $3 per hr more than I would pay an Irrigation Tech.

While we are on the subject of Subs, what kind of % do you keep for yourself when you have a sub do a job for you. Lets say its the average resi 7 spray zones and 2 drip for refernce.