1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

irrigation program

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AMonroe, Mar 19, 2003.

1. AMonroe

AMonroe LawnSite Member

OK. Heres my problem! My husband wants to start his own business in irrigation. Guess who gets to do all the office work :) lucky me !! But I cant seem to find a program to run on the office computer. I can find all kinds of lawn care office programs but nothing for just irrigation.....I looked on here before I wrote this .I didn't see anything about this .If this question has been asked before just let me know Ill keep looking on here for it.:angel:
  2. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

To organize our clients, we use lawn monkey software. But for materials and labor, we set up Excel and created our own template. It took a while to set-up, but once it was done, it made it a snap to fill out.
  3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Use Alocet's Qxpress tied to Quick Books Pro. We are very heavy into irrigation and it is the only program I found after looking for years that you can customize your self for the info you need to keep on each system. You can even attach pictures or drawings to a customers file. The appt or zone based scheduling is excellent for all service businesses.

Alocet and when you buy tell them Harold Fox from Town Pride sent you.
  4. AMonroe

AMonroe LawnSite Member

Thank you guys sooooo much. Iam trying to learn all this irrigation stuff too.Figure if I have to take care of the paper work might as well go full force.
  5. MikeK

MikeK LawnSite Member

To keep track of everything related to my customers, I use ACT!.
    It is very flexible and you can customize it totally to whatever you want to do. Every detail of every communication with my customers is recorded there
    Ift also interfaces with Quick books.

To caculate job costs for residential systems, I use a custom made program in Excel.

I would not want to run my business without these two tools