irrigation set-up...how do you all 'do it'?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Aug 27, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

what does everybody use to get the job 'done'?

for me,when i started out, i had a box truck with open trailer w/machine for installations and p/u truck w/cap for service.

NOW, i am using a f-350 utility body truck w/ enclosed trailer for installs. when i get to the job, i leave the trailer (which has EVERYTHING inside) at the job and i go do service calls and estimates and stuff like that.

we also have one other service truck. it is an older diesel chevy enclosed utility body. enclosed body has EVERYTHING in there to deal with any problem...and if it is not there, we can make something that will work.

here is a pic of the install rig from today....

gw truck 1.jpg

2. greenworldh20

we just purchased the trailer 2 weeks ago and it was lettered last week. we included in the lettering our CIC logo...we think it will make us 'stand out' from the competition.

what do you all think?

gw truck 2.jpg

3. greenworldh20

here is the back of the trailer...

gw truck 3.jpg

4. greenworldh20

here is the front of our rig...we wanted to do something to distinguish our trucks from the competition...so we put our 'logo' on the windshield in white and had the front of the trailer lettered...i have never seen the front of anyone's trailer lettered, so we decided to be different.

brian.

any feedback is appreciated.

gw truck 4.jpg

5. greenworldh20

here is a pic of my son, matthew (who will be 10 weeks old this sunday) when daddy came home with the new lettered trailer.

matt smiling.jpg

6. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Nice pic's. I'm curious, what kind of pipe do you use and what length is it if applicable. We use 20' sticks of pvc and that trailer is nice, but doesn't look big enough for us. Any nice pic's of the set-up inside the trailer?

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Brian, I don't do irrigation at this stage of the game so my reply isn't worth a hill of beans as far as that goes. I just wanted to comment that it looks like you've got a real nice set-up, good lettering, etc. I especially like the picture of Matthew. :D We're expecting our third child in January.

And now ... back to your topic LOL

8. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Have ya thought bout putting your logo on da front of yer truck backwards? So the folks in front can read it??? :D I might that one of these days

9. greenworldh20

thank you for the compliments about matt. that was very nice...post pics of # 3 when he/she arrives!

i will post pics of inside of trailer...don't know why i didn't take them...trailer is 16' long...but you can get 20' or bigger for what you do...we carry our machine in there so we got 10k axles, heavy duty ramp, raised roof so the trenching chain wont break the ceiling if some one forgets to lower it when loading/unloading the machine.

works for me...never thought about the log backwards, like an ambulance. interesting, though.

brian:p

10. air8

air8 LawnSite Member

IAM TRYING TO GET INTO IRRIGATION, BUT IT SEEMS AS IF I CANT LEARN FROM THE DARN BOOKS THE INS AND OUTS OF INSTALLING A SYSTEM FROM SCRATCH, ANY HELP IDEAS.,
    THANSK
    AARON