Irrigation Software

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Rainman7, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I was considering an irrigation program for scheduling, billing, mapping ect.... Anyone out there that could recommend one or recommend against one.

2. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at CLIP for the 2006 season. Tell me what you find and any beneficial info and looking at vmail for phones.

3. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I looking at www.softwareforirrigationprofessionals.com right now. Its a little pricey but it seems to do everything. As far as vmail for phones, check out PBNext. Its an online pbx system that worked well for me this past year.

4. allaccesslandscaping

allaccesslandscaping LawnSite Member

If you ever look behind these software programs they are for the most part excel base. with a pretty face. I would highly recommend you find some one thats super great wth excel and have them do it for you. I been working on on one for 2 years Iam almost there (spare time). Iam looking to incorparte google maps for my mapping.Put a pretty face on it and sell it (hhaha)

707-333-7272

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

For Mapping (Drawing out zones?) the only program I know of is RainCad. PurpleHaze uses it a lot, so he's the guy to talk to.

6. Broker

I have had Raincad for years now and never took the time to make it useful.

7. Broker

Did you compare it to Clip?

The PBNext seemed good. The software seemed like you said, a little pricey..

8. allaccesslandscaping

allaccesslandscaping LawnSite Member

The thing about thease new software is that they have informaton overload. And Guys like ourselves try to incoperate every aspect of it.

When I work for fed ex my trainer always said KISS (keep it simple stupid). If you work with some one or yourself trust me you can do it on excel.

You will save lots of money. I cant belive they want 13,000 for that software.

You can create your own for about 1000 dollars and the thing about it you will be and expert @ it because you done it. Excel is a very very powerful program. I been working on mine for about 200 hrs over time. the more I use the more I add. Try please dont spend 13,000 on software thats a bobcat

9. Broker

anyone heard good or bad about the qxpress software? Access you are right I think that 3995 for a single user is a lot of cabbage.

10. Broker

I checked PBNext out at first they did not have the flashy presentation as did vmail but there per minute rates are better and I believe feature for feature they are the same. Tell me the pros and cons from this past season with the new phone system. Did it run around 100 a month with calls?