1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Irrigation solution

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by yalma, Oct 16, 2006.

1. yalma

yalma LawnSite Member
    from US

I'm looking for an irrigation solution for Golf field using recycled water. I need an automatic system including self cleaning mechanism etc. Any ideas?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Dig a pond. Use a pump.
  3. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

Tooooooooooooooooooooo many variables !! more info !!
  4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

How clean is the water? Recycled from treatment plant, or stormwater retention?

Pond locations - sediment ponds or large holding pond?

Entire golf course or is it a driving range?
  5. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

How much are you willing to spend for good turf?
  6. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

There is the real question.

All problems have solutions, just most people aren't willing to pay for the correct solution.
  7. JeffY

JeffY LawnSite Senior Member

There's a saying I like best:

Good, Fast, Cheap. Of the three ways to do a sprinkler system, I can only do two. If you want me to do it Good and Fast, it ain't going to be cheap. If you want it Fast and Cheap, it won't be good. And lastly, if you want it Good and Cheap, it won't be fast.

Back on topic, I agree, too many variables such as what's the source, or how big is the golf area?
  8. davidkobeb

davidkobeb LawnSite Member
    from L.A

Trying to help you without getting into much details I'd recommend you to check a company named Amiad in automatic filtration or www.amiad.com . We needed a smaller service from them (than a golf field...) and it was satisfied. Good luck!
  9. yalma

yalma LawnSite Member
    from US

This golf field is going to be a mini-golf and I'm not sure yet about its size. Can you give some more information about the experience that you had with that company? Do you know if it works outside th USA?
  10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

How about sharing some information? What is the water source?