1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Irrigation System - Major Modification

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Sierra9093, Sep 30, 2013.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

That's why they make hot boxes

http://www.hubbellpowersystems.com/about/hotbox/

Posted via Mobile Device

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

the OP is completely ignorant of dual metering - as long as this ignorance persists - so will the inane assertions and wasted time

3. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

Okay so how about a new meter in basement and then

http://www.zurn.com/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?NodeKey=414247

Never have to get inside unless valve goes bad

4. Sierra9093

Sierra9093 LawnSite Member

S.O.Contracting, now that sounds intriguing. I am going to try to run it past some people that I know and see what they think of it. I take it that it doesn't interfere with the flow. I would like to see a CAD drawing of it to see how it works. Very good S.O, info like this make it worth going on these sites. If it passes muster, I approach the pertinent people at the HOA with it. It would save a boat load of money. Thanks.

1idejim, the hot boxes sound a little shaky.

Wet_Boots, what on Earth is Duel Metering? I don't know what that is either, unless you are talking about having two meters in the same premises, one of irr. and one for household. Out here we have radio meters, so getting them read would not be an issue. The issue is access and freeze protection.

5. Wet_Boots

Now you're talking. Get the system shut-off valves and the controllers outdoors, and you have happier residents.

6. Sierra9093

I am going to look into that. This could make a lot of goblins just go away. Oh, the controllers are already outside, thank goodness!

7. Wet_Boots

Dual metering is when one ordinary meter in a basement becomes two meters in a basement, with two entirely separate billing accounts. The supply line upstream of the meters is shared, but nothing else.

8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

So it has nothing to do with swords?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Wet_Boots

nor banjos :headphones:

10. Sierra9093

Hi fellas, I thinnnnk I got it... Downstream from the meters are for the separate accounts/needs. Right?