Irrigation system pricing

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ericlemson, Nov 30, 2006.

1. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

This may be a stupid question. Do any of you guys or other normal irrigation companies offer pay plans or do people normaly pay cash/check or put it on a creditcard?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Cash is good. For installations, I will always prefer checks, as they offer a signed-by-the-customer proof (beyond the contract) of customer approval of the terms and performance. This can be important, depending on the contract laws of your state.
  3. justgeorge

justgeorge LawnSite Senior Member

I'm purely by check. I tell people that accepting a credit card will just cost them another 2-3% so I don't take cards to help keep their price down. John Deere Landscapes offers a customer credit payment plan, but it costs me money and them too. Anyone who can qualify for that would be much better off getting a line of credit on their house.

4. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an easy payment plan.. 1/3 down; 1/3 at start of job, and balance on completion.

Owner is working on a payment plan for a long time client who owns a couple of apartment buildings. It is a $120,000.00 project and they asked to finance it for 4 yrs. He has the final say on that so I don't have to get on the hook for that mess. He set up the payment schedule and is charging pretty good finance charges. They could go to the bank and get a lower rate, but we'll see.